Undoubtably a kitchen is the heart of any home, and with so much information out there it can be an intimidating process to begin.
From inspiration to installation, we accompany you step by step in the realisation of your dream kitchen.
Discover the SieMatic by My Fathers Heart design process.
Our state of the art showroom, located in Sheffield S8, boasts four stunning SieMatic display kitchens:
- All displays are fitted with Cosentino worktops and a range of fully functioning appliances.
- Our presentation area showcases all SieMatic’s door finishes, alongside other important materials such as worktops and flooring – touching samples and putting together mood boards is encouraged!
- If a SieMatic kitchen is right for you, we can arrange a private design consultation with our SieMatic expert.
An opportunity to meet your designer (if you haven’t already) - sit down over a cup of coffee and have an informal chat:
- Your designer will ask questions that help us put together a ‘Wishlist’ for your kitchen.
- We will visit you at home to undertake a full survey and get all necessary dimensions of existing rooms.
- If your new kitchen is part of a larger building project, this meeting will take place in the showroom so we can discuss over architect plans.
Initial design presentation
Please allow around two weeks from the design consultation till presentation, we appreciate your patience during this time:
- We pride ourselves on being a design-led showroom and spend considerable time producing photo-realistic renders and putting together a presentation along with full quotation.
- Presentations are always held in our dedicated presentation area with large screen and access to all the samples.
- Your quotation will be broken down into the key aspects of the design; cabinetry, worktops, appliances, as well as estimates for any trades you would like us to co-ordinate.
Follow-up design presentation
Your designer will present any adjustments to the design with a new set of plans, renders and a revised quotation:
- If the layout is approved, we can discuss in detail your finishes and go over your appliance options to ensure the models specified meet all your needs.
- If we’ve met all your requirements and you would like to take the design forward, we will ask for payment of a deposit.
- Changes can still be made but this also allows us to release all images and related drawings for you to take home.
Final creases are ironed out and the design is confirmed – generally no further changes can be made:
- Your SieMatic kitchen order is sent to Germany for confirmation and processing before production and delivery.
- SieMatic lead times usually range from 6-10 weeks dependant on your chosen finishes, please allow for additional time around public holidays or the European factory ‘shut-down’ period in July/August.
- We will produce a set of concise mechanical engineering (M&E) drawings for any contractors that will be involved – these will specify things like the position of plumbing, sockets and lighting.
If you have asked us to co-ordinate the whole project, we will provide you with a ‘schedule of works’, our timetable usually consists of:
- Removal & disposal of the existing kitchen.
- Electrician and plumber start their first fix – getting everything in the right position according to our M&E drawings.
- If necessary, our plasterer will come and make-good any areas that need it, before decorators give the space its first coat.
- New flooring is laid once all other trades are finished, then covered before we start installation.
The day is finally here! You start to see your dream kitchen come to life…
- Our friendly installation team will arrive in the morning and begin to unload the van (all cabinets are pre-assembled in the SieMatic factory – no flat pack here!)
- Depending on the size of your design, our team usually have all cabinets in place within 3-4 days.
- With all the cabinets in place the electrician and plumber return to second fix – this involves connecting your sink and tap and testing your appliances.
- Our worktop suppliers to come and template the space on day 4/5 and will return around 10-14 days later to fit (if you need to use your kitchen in the meantime, we can fit you with temporary worktops for this period).
- All delicate finishing touches, such as glass and mirror splashbacks are fitted last – and once complete, this will be the moment you go ‘wow’!
At SieMatic by My Fathers Heart we pride ourselves on our service and will always return to our work until you are completely satisfied:
- Once worktops are fitted and cabinets have settled, there will undoubtably be doors to adjust and minor snags to address.
- Make note of anything you notice and pass these onto your designer who will then co-ordinate with the fitting team to arrange a ‘sign off’ visit.
- Do please keep in touch - we love to thank our customers with fabulous events held throughout the year and we will always be on hand should you have any questions.
We wish you many happy memories and years of enjoyment in your fabulous new kitchen!
Start your SieMatic journey today and arrange a design consultation here